Conditions of personal data protection
1. Data collection
We collect information relating to you in different formats, including personal data within the meaning of European Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR - Article 4.1).
The personal data that you give us may include your first and last names, your email address and/or telephone number, your job title, company and, in certain cases, your postal address. These data are collected when You fill out the contact form on our Website, You fill out forms that we send you by email, You respond to our satisfaction surveys, During discussions with our sales staff or clinical services.
When communicating with any EYE TECH CARE department in the context of executing a contract (Purchase, Quality Department/regulatory matter,)
2. Data processing
We collect and/or process your data in accordance with the laws and regulations applying to data protection and privacy.
We need your personal data in order to:
- Provide a personalised response, tailored to your needs and queries
- Send information on our products in the form of newsletters or other (communication and publications on clinical outcomes, dates of conferences/symposiums, etc.)
You can opt out of receiving such information at any time (see Section 7).
- Send invitations to our symposiums or any other event.
- Send information, warnings or action plans within the context of medical device vigilance, Field Safety Notices (FSN) or Field Safety Corrective Actions (FSCA).
- Inform you of updates to the iPad app: updates for user manuals, training tools, etc. (distributors)
- Deliver products, whether end products or spare parts (end users, distributors), or semi-finished products being manufactured (service providers)
- Provide the services requested, manage and communicate with you about your contract/order/complaint and other services related to executing a contract between you or your company and EYE TECH CARE.
- Manage a survey, for example a customer satisfaction survey.
- Keep our customer and supplier databases up to date to ensure transactions and contracts are carried out smoothly.
- Provide a response in the context of recruitment initiated by EYE TECH CARE.
3. Confidentiality/Disclosure to third parties
We are the sole proprietors of the data collected. Your personal data will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to another company for any reason without your consent.
We do not sell, exchange or transfer your personal data to any third parties. This does not include trusted third parties who help us operate our Website or our information systems, so long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential and deploy the means to keep the data secure.
We may need to share your personal data in order to comply with the governing law and/or respond to legal requests or judicial proceedings, originating, in particular, from public and government authorities, for the purpose of meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
5. Protecting and securing data
We deploy a variety of security measures to keep your personal data secure. Only our competent internal services have access to personal data, so they can carry out the aforementioned processing operations. The computers and servers used to store personal data are located in a secure environment.
We undertake to inform the supervisory authority of any breach in data security and protection within a maximum of 72 hours following the alert and also to keep you duly informed.
6. Retention of personal data
We will not keep your personal data for longer than the time necessary for the purpose for which they are processed, the term of the contract concluded between you and EYE TECH CARE, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for accounting or legal purposes).
7. Rights of persons and how they may exercise their rights
In accordance with current regulations (GDPR - Articles 15 to 21), the natural person whose personal data are processed, is able to exercise the following rights:
Right to access, right to rectification, right to erasure, right to object, right to restriction of processing, right to data portability, right to bring a complaint before a supervisory authority.
· Right to access - the right to be informed and to request access to the personal data we are processing that relate to you (type of data, sources, retention period, etc.)
Right to rectification - the right to request that we modify or update your personal data if they are inaccurate or incomplete;
Right to erasure - the right to request that your personal data be erased (for example where such personal data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected or processed in another manner): If you so request, we will delete your personal data or make them anonymous them so that they cannot be used to identify you, except to meet legal requirements or if the law authorises us to retain certain personal data, particularly in circumstances such as those stated below:
§ If there is an outstanding problem relating to your account, such as an overdue credit or an unresolved dispute;
§ In the event we are obliged to retain personal data pursuant to our legal or tax obligations or accounting or auditing requirements;
§ In the event they are necessary for our legitimate business interests such as prevention and patient safety.
Right to restriction - the right to request the data controller to temporarily or permanently cease processing all or a part of your personal data, while retaining them;
Where processing has been restricted, these personal data may, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the consent of the data subject,
Right to object -
§ the right at any time to object to our processing your personal data for reasons connected with your personal circumstances;
§ the right to object to the processing of your personal data for canvassing and marketing purposes
Right to data portability - the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit these personal data for use by third-party services;
· Bringing a complaint before the administrative authority
In the event of any non-compliance with this policy, you may, in case of a dispute, bring a complaint before the CNIL (French Data Protection Authority), whose contact details can be found at http://www.cnil.fr.
To exercise these rights, please send your request giving your email address, your first and last names and the subject of your request as follows: “exercising the right to access personal data”, to:
EYE TECH CARE – 2871 Avenue de l’Europe, 69140 Rillieux-la-Pape - France
Or by email to the following address: email@example.com
For newsletters: a link at the bottom of each email enables you to unsubscribe or edit your personal information.
EYE TECH CARE undertakes to process your request within a reasonable period of time and within 10 days from receipt of your request.