The medical device
UNIQUE TECHNOLOGY FOR NON-INVASIVE TREATMENT
EYE TECH CARE has developed the only medical procedure for uncontrolled glaucoma irrespective of previous treatment.
This non-invasive therapy to reduce IOP (intraocular pressure) using proprietary focused ultrasound technology delivers good patient tolerance resulting in a predictable, trouble-free patient follow up.
The treatment is easy to perform, reproducible, non-operator-dependent and can be safely performed in less than three minutes.
- The unique technology combines the therapeutic capability of focused ultrasound and the innovative geometry of the therapy device.
- The ring shape of the therapy probe and the extreme miniaturization of the transducers allow for the first circular treatment performed in one step.
- The user-friendly EyeOP1 presents a short learning curve and reduces the risks typically involved in mastering a new technique.
STRAIGHTFORWARD, EASY SET-UP AND RAPID TREATMENT PROCEDURE
The patient is lying in a supine position. The EyeOP1 module is used to perform the outpatient treatment under local anesthesia.
The single-use therapy device is positioned on the patient’s eye
The device is aligned and fixated on the eye
The procedure starts: the 6 transducers deliver the ultrasound energy in less than three minutes
AN EXCLUSIVE MEDICAL DEVICE
EYEOP-PACK is the sterile, single-use treatment device which comes in three sizes to best adapt to the eye’s size and shape. It is composed of two parts:
- the positioning cone ensures proper positioning of the therapy probe on the eye.
- the treatment probe delivers the ultrasound energy. Its six piezoelectric transducers arranged in a circle generate beams which are focused in the treatment area with great precision.
The EyeOP1 control unit generates the ultrasound energy. It is compact, ergonomic and exceptionally simple to use.
The touch-screen enables the operator to set the parameters and to control the procedure throughout the treatment, in total safety.
The simple tree structure of the user interface provides for intuitive use of the control unit.